Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) pisze:
Łukasz Bacik wrote:

My problem is to force otrs to work with utf8 - i can not do that but maybe i just don't
understand something and there is a easy solution for me?

OS: debian GNU/Linux (etch) (all versions data below are from dpkg - the debian
package manager)

otrs: 2.0.4p01-18
mysql:  5.0.32-7etch6
perl:  5.8.8-7etch3

I believe OTRS used to have some problems with UTF-8, and may still have them (have you checked bugs.otrs.org?). But since you're running an older version (2.0.4, while current stable is 2.3.2) you might have more UTF-8 problems. You could try 2.2.7 from Lenny testing or 2.3.2 from Sid testing if you don't mind running packages from testing: http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=otrs2 Or install OTRS from source.
Thank you - i started upgrade my otrs (to 2.2.7) waiting for answer and it really solved this problem
- now customer_users  are displayed correctly :)

But there is new problem - when i 'm trying to send an email (for example follow up) with diacritic
characters in body or in subject, i have got an error:

Software error
Wide character in subroutine entry at (eval 1038) line 1, <PRODUCT> line 36.

and the email looks like send in otrs, but it is not send really :(
There is no problems if i delete all diacritic characters...

...is there any solution for this?

regards
Lukasz