From: otrs-boun...@otrs.org [mailto:otrs-boun...@otrs.org] On Behalf Of Anton
Gubar'kov
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 12:23 AM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Subject: Re: [otrs] Customer User Management

Hello, James.

A customer user is assigned to a group with a set of permissions. A queue is
assigned to a group. I.e. customers may post tickets to queues they are
assigned to as rw permission via groups. Customers may see the tickets in
queues they are assigned as ro or rw permission.

If your agent or generic agent moves a ticket to a queue the customer has no ro
assignment at least, the customer loses visibility of the ticket, despite
he/she is the creator.

This behaviour of OTRS is known and often disputed. So consider it a feature
rather than a bug.

regards,
Anton.

2008/12/16 Bastnagel James - Sterling
<james.bastna...@sterlingplans.com<mailto:james.bastna...@sterlingplans.com>>
To Anyone Willing to Help:

I have recently become the admin of an OTRS 2.3 System. We use LDAP for Agent &
Customer authentication. The issue that I am currently facing is when a
customer logs in to see their current open tickets, they are only able to see
their ticket if it is assigned to one queue--the queue is called "helpdesk". If
the ticket is assigned to any other queue, then the customer cannot see the
ticket in "My Tickets" and if they go directly to the ticket using link in
email, they are faced with a message "No Permission!" While in my logs, I get
the following:

Tue Dec 16 10:52:44 2008        notice  OTRS-CGI-10     Permission denied
(UserID: tuser 'ro' on TicketID: 203)!

Tue Dec 16 10:25:57 2008        notice  OTRS-CGI-10     Permission denied
(UserID: tuser 'ro' on TicketID: 203)!
Tue Dec 16 10:25:42 2008        notice  OTRS-CGI-10     Permission denied
(UserID: tuser 'ro' on TicketID: 203)!

Tue Dec 16 10:22:06 2008        notice  OTRS-CGI-10     Permission denied
(UserID: tuser 'ro' on TicketID: 203)!
Tue Dec 16 10:22:03 2008        notice  OTRS-CGI-10     Permission denied
(UserID: tuser 'ro' on TicketID: 203)!
Tue Dec 16 10:21:37 2008        notice  OTRS-CGI-10
Permission denied (UserID: tuser 'ro' on TicketID: 203)!

What additional information can I provide to help in troubleshooting this?

Thanks,

James

This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain information
that is confidential or privileged. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person
responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, you should not read,
copy, disclose or otherwise use this message, except for the purpose of
delivery to the addressee. If you have received this email in error, please
delete and advise the IT Help Desk at
olympic.help.d...@sterlingplans.com<mailto:olympic.help.d...@sterlingplans.com>
immediately.