Regards,

Johan

P.S. If anyone can still give me a hand to get the modules installable, it would be greatly appreciated.

On 19 nov 2008, at 11:05, Patrick Schiess wrote:

hi johan,

thanks a lot for your interesting post. so as i guess, expect the installation of additional modules, everything works perfect over this ODBC connection? well, in this case i will try to implement this solution with freetds and maybe come back to you if i need some help... if you want me to, of course.

regards,
patrick.

Von: otrs-boun...@otrs.org [mailto:otrs-boun...@otrs.org] Im Auftrag von Johan Bogema
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 19. November 2008 10:18
An: User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Betreff: Re: [otrs] OTRS connection over ODBC to MSSQL

Hi,

I've set up a connection to our MSSQL database using freetds. This should work. The only problem I still have, is that I cannot install any additional modules. I've already sent a mail around, but I didn't get much help except from Michiel. That mail contained the following information about the problem as I experience it:

After some communication with Michiel Beijen, I have to come back to the mailing list, cause he might have found the reason that it doesn't work in my case. When I put out a trace on the mssql server during the installation of a package, I have the following entry:

declare @p1 int
set @p1=15
exec sp_prepare @p1 output,N'@P1 varchar(80),@P2 varchar(80),@P3
varchar(80),@P4 varchar(80),@P5 varchar(80)',N'INSERT INTO
package_repository (name, version, vendor, filename,  content_size,
content_type, content, install_status,  create_time, create_by,
change_time, change_by) VALUES (@P1, @P2, @P3, @P4, ''213'', ''text/ xml'',
@P5, ''not installed'',  current_timestamp, 1, current_timestamp,
1)',1
select @p1

He thought that the problem might be caused in the following piece of code in Kernel/System/Package.pm:

   # add new package
   my $FileName = $Structure{Name}->{Content} . '-' .
$Structure{Version}->{Content} . '.xml';
   return $Self->{DBObject}->Do(
       SQL => 'INSERT INTO package_repository (name, version, vendor,
filename, '
           . ' content_size, content_type, content, install_status, '
           . ' create_time, create_by, change_time, change_by)'
           . ' VALUES  (?, ?, ?, ?, \'213\', \'text/xml\', ?, \'not
installed\', '
           . ' current_timestamp, 1, current_timestamp, 1)',
       Bind => [
\$Structure{Name}->{Content}, \$Structure{Version}- >{Content}, \$Structure{Vendor}->{Content}, \$FileName, \ $Param{String},
       ],
   );
}

The problem as he told me, is that there are 5 values (the questionmarks) in the insert statement, from which only 4 are filled in the bind statement. In his database, the last value is a blob field with the contents of the module. I however can not check if this is the case in my database since I don't have any modules installed yet. Does anyone know how to solve this further?

Johan Bogema
Systems Administrator
Realworld Systems
Tel:  +31 345 614 406