Bart Wallace wrote:
> if I have a local OTRS agent account, when I enable
> $Self->{'AuthModule'} = 'Kernel::System::Auth::LDAP, I am unable to use
> that local account as it does not exist in LDAP.  How do you work around
> this, or does it matter to you in your installation?
>
> Thanks for the help,
>
> Bart

Dear Bart

I don't have any experience with eDir, sorry. But I'm using Active
Directory for customer authentication, and local mysql for agent
authentication. The Agent accounts I created are identical to their
accounts in the AD. However, since OTRS offers two different areas for
loggin into the system, they are authenticated differently. If they are
using the customer interface, they are logged in as customer, and if
from agent interface, then they have agent rights.

My guess is, you might not be using two separate authentication modules
here. I might be wrong, someone with more experience will be able to
clarify and point my mistake, but if you don't have the agent accounts
in the LDAP tree (or the eDir tree), then maybe you should either create
those accounts or use mysql (or similar) backend for agent authentication.

Hope this helps.