Hi Folks,

currently I am trying to install OTRS 2.3 twice on the same system for
different virtual hosts but I am running into problems, maybe anyone can
help.

My systrem runs with Apache2, mod_perl and OTRS 2.3 under Debian (stable
with backports). In the sample configuration mentioned on the OTRS web
site, the mod_perl directive 'Perlrequire' is used to load the ORTS
modules when the webserver starts. As Perlrequire has the scope SRV,
multiple Perlrequire directives in different virtual hosts conflict with
each other.

I modified OTRS to include the scripts/apache2-perl-startup.pl in
index.pl/installation.pl instead of running the script at werbserver
startup but OTRS does not find several modules becaus the include paths
are still messed up. After setting the paths manually and including
several additional modules in apache2-perl-startup.pl by hand, i ran into
more module-not-found errors I cannot fix easily.

An installation with distinct queues is no option for me. At least the
databases have to be separated.

Has anyone some experience and can point out how to solve this issue the
best way? Is there a howto? Neither in the readme docs nor on the webpage
I found anything that was helpful regarding this issue. The only
possibility mentioned on the website was for OTRS 1.3 but since 2.0 the
feature seems to have disappeared. Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Carsten Schumann