Hello, all,

First, thanks for the wonderful OTRS software. We like it a lot.

Second, I am curious about a few things that we have mis-configured in our
installation, that maybe some can point me in the right direction.

__ One is that we are importing email in to an email address & then in to a
queue for addresses like hostmaster & postmaster & those are not real people
(just "roles" people play) and OTRS updates every single email (of which there
are A LOT of mails) with an update for every single change, owner, status,
priority, state, and it is a tremendous amount of mail from OTRS back to that
mailbox. Often, these cause loops, and the few people who are in this queue are
instantly buried in mail. Can we somehow have all the auto-responses still sent
to all our clients (which we need & like very much) but not have any
auto-responses sent back to hostmaster & postmaster & etc?

__ I saw mention of AJAX some where in the NEWS section of the OTRS site but
did not know what that referred to. Is the GUI being re-written? Or am I just
missing something or some page or portion of the package that is already in
AJAX?

__ we have some sluggishness in our installation. I am trying to narrow down
where it is coming from. Does any one out there have suggestion or a recipe or
cookbook for how to tune & tweak this thing in to one lean mean machine? My
people would be soooooo happy.

__ Does any one out there have a recipe or cookbook on how to secure OTRS. We
run a very locked-down webserver & would like to lock-down OTRS as much as
possible as well. For just one example, are there those of you who have
.htaccess files in place, or use mod_security, or other examples anything like
that. We actually do use mod_security (with good results) but it was preventing
OTRS from running properly so I had to temporarily disable it for the site.  I
do want to go back & enable it thogh soon.

Third, a couple suggestions for the software to make it *even* better. When you
close a ticket, the page changes & shows the close ticket page, but this page
does not have the "subject line" & this makes it very hard to tell what notes
to put in to that ticket, since you dont know what that ticket is about. The
way this presents itself to me is that I open a new tab (in my web browser) to
close about 6 tickets at a time, and I go through each tab, in order, until I
hit the last one, then close all those tabs, and I'm back at the start again,
works great.

As a follow-on to the ability to show the SUBJECT on the close ticket page, it
would be great to have the same small but important improvement on the BULK
ACTION page, as well, since I sometimes close 6 tickets at once from that page,
and it would help al of us greatly to be able to see the SUBJECT of those 6
tickets when bulk closing them.

Thank you all very much!

Jason Sjöbeck
Sjobeck Integration Professionals®