I'm again revisiting an issue posted to this list around Oct 10, 2008. Unfortunately I have never been able to solve this issue.

I used a stopwatch just now to time how long it takes to load the next page when I click on "All Events" in OTRS. It was 55 seconds. In my original posting I hadn't timed it with a stopwatch, I was reporting what the droids told me - apparently they exaggerated a bit.

Regardless, the issue persists, and 55 seconds is far too long for as few events as our calendar contains. I am open to whatever suggestions anybody has regarding how to improve performance of the Calendar module!

Thank you in advance :)

CentOS 5.2, all updates applied
OTRS 2.3.3
Apache 2.2.3-11.el5_2
Perl 5.8.8-15.el5_2.1
mod_perl 2.0.2-6.3
mysql-server 5.0.45-7.el5

httpd.conf:

<-- snip -->
# load all otrs modules
Perlrequire /opt/otrs/scripts/apache2-perl-startup.pl

# Apache::Reload - Reload Perl Modules when Changed on Disk
PerlModule Apache2::Reload
PerlInitHandler Apache2::Reload
PerlModule Apache2::RequestRec

<Location /otrs>
  ErrorDocument 403 /otrs/customer.pl
  SetHandler  perl-script
  PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
<-- snip -->

output of "top" while attempting to load the calendar:
top - 20:22:50 up 41 days, 14:39,  2 users,  load average: 0.56, 0.29, 0.22
Tasks: 109 total,   2 running, 107 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
Cpu(s): 45.2%us, 5.3%sy, 0.0%ni, 49.3%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.2%si, 0.0%st
Mem:   4058316k total,  3817804k used,   240512k free,   172192k buffers
Swap:  2097144k total,      100k used,  2097044k free,  2820300k cached

 2793 apache    25   0 95356  67m 6068 R   96  1.7   0:45.56 httpd

Interestingly I had not noted the high CPU usage of HTTPD while loading this page in the past, but I repeated the test several times - httpd uses almost no CPU unless the calendar is loading, at which time it spikes one of the CPU cores to full load.

ORIGINAL THREAD FOLLOWS