Further to this, I've come up with the following map which solves the
problem:

Map => [
                        # note: Login, Email and CustomerID needed!
                        # var, frontend, storage, shown, required,
storage-type
                                [ 'UserSalutation', 'Title', 'title', 1, 0,
'var' ],
                                [ 'UserFirstname', 'Firstname', 'givenname',
1, 1, 'var' ],
                                [ 'UserLastname', 'Lastname', 'sn', 1, 1,
'var' ],
                                [ 'UserLogin', 'Login', 'sAMAccountName', 1,
1, 'var' ],
                                [ 'UserEmail', 'Email', 'mail', 1, 1, 'var'
],
                                [ 'UserCustomerID', 'CustomerID', 'company',
0, 1, 'var' ],
                                [ 'UserCustomerIDs', 'CustomerIDs',
'company', 1, 0, 'var' ],
                                [ 'UserPhone', 'Phone', 'telephonenumber',
1, 0, 'var' ],
                                [ 'UserAddress', 'Address', 'postaladdress',
1, 0, 'var' ],
                                [ 'UserComment', 'Comment', 'description',
1, 0, 'var' ],
                        ],

I simply map CustomerID and CustomerIDs to a field that always matches in
our AD backend. Company Tickets and My Tickets views now work as they
should, with the exception that you cannot use
CustomerUserExcludePrimaryCustomerID to hide My Tickets from appearing in
Company Tickets too.