From: otrs-boun...@otrs.org [mailto:otrs-boun...@otrs.org] On Behalf Of Michiel
Beijen
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 3:48 PM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Subject: Re: [otrs] ActivePerl and Windows

Jeff,

Yes, OTRS 2.x is 'compatible' with ActivePerl 5.10 as that is 'just' a binary
distribution of Perl 5.10.

The only reason (as far as I know) that ActivePerl is no longer part of the
Windows installer but replaced with StrawberryPerl is because of licensing
issues. ActivePerl has a restrictive license and you can not include it into
your product without an agreement with ActiveState, their distributors. You
can, however, do a manual install with ActivePerl Perl and OTRS without running
into licensing trouble. (but please note I'm not a lawyer)...

StrawberryPerl is a community built Perl and can be distributed under a less
restrictive license.

Kind regards,
--
Michiel Beijen