Hi,

I just had a shock after installing otrs 2.3.4, and spending a day setting up some users, groups, roles and queues.

I renamed some of the groups to make the names more descriptive, admin was renamed to OTRS-admin.

When I was finished, I logged in as a different user, to check some functionality, and afterwards found that the admin area was gone when I loged in as any user in the admin group. After messing about for a while in the tables, I changed the name back to admin, and the functionality was available again.

I also renamed stats to Statistics, and have now changed this back again as well.

I'm a bit surprised that functionality should depend on the default naming being preserved, rather than the group id being correct, especially when it is so easy to rename default attributes.

Can this be changed in the XML files, and are there other system names I should be aware of?

Cheers!

Marius