Hi,

On 27.07.2009, at 21:25, Craig Meirick wrote:

Please help.

I have been having many issues with the upgrade from 2.3.4 to 2.4.1.

I am following the steps in the UPGRADING file to upgrade OTRS on an openSUSE 10.3 box. I get through the first two steps just fine and then am trying the actual install of the new
RPM package.

As root I do: rpm -ivh otrs-2.4.1-01.noarch.rpm

It returns many file conflicts with the previous package otrs 2.3.3-01. I get for example, warning: [file.dtl] conflicts with [file.dtl] from package otrs 2.3.3-01 on many files.

So next I uninstalled OTRS 2.3.4 using YaST and tried again. Now I am getting for example,
warning: [file.dtl] created as [file.dtl.rpmnew] on many files.

Am I missing a step here? I thought that the install would just work but maybe I need to use a
--force argument when running the rpm -ivh?

I tried using YaST for the install first but that looked like it wanted to start the install then it
would just close the window with no warning.

Please help.

rpm -ivh otrs-2.4.1-01.noarch.rpm => rpm -uvh otrs-2.4.1-01.noarch.rpm UPGRADE
rpm -ivh otrs-2.4.1-01.noarch.rpm NEWINSTALL ONLY

Uninstalling may leave residue. If you are really having problems, try a clean box. Import your DB and use the upgrade script(s) to finish the job with the Database.

see

http://linux.die.net/man/8/rpm

for more help on rpm.

--