Hi Alan,

On Jul 28, 2009, at 18:56 , Alan McKay wrote:

OK, I just got it to work thusly :

Go to /otrs/index.pl?Action=AdminQueue set "Customer State Notify:" to "Yes"

But this will of course notify of any state change, which may not be
what I want.  But it is a good start for now.

If anyone knows of a way to only send email to the originator when the
ticket is closed, please let me know.

I'm not in this thread but I do have some info for you! ;)

In OTRS 2.4 there is a new frature called "Configurable event based notifications".

It seems that you are looking for that. In case you can create a new notification with event "StateUpdate", "State: closed" recipient "Customer". At this time OTRS will send an email automatically to the customer. :-D

See also: http://otrs.org/2.4/features/ -> Configurable event based notifications

PS: JFI, "Customer State Notify:" in AdminQueue gots replaced by this new feature in 2.4.

 -Martin