Morten,

Did you use the Windows installer package?
It will only remove the mysql instance installed with the Windows installer
package. It should not affect any other mysql instances already present.

That being said, I'd suggest you make sure you have a backup of your
database and your server before doing uninstall; if there is something
valuable in there you'd like to keep...

Regards,
--
Michiel Beijen