Hi Alan,

On Jul 31, 2009, at 18:23 , Alan McKay wrote:

This would seem to be my base issue.  BTW, I'm using Postgres.   And I
did manage to get this working just fine on 2.3.4

-bash-3.2$ bin/otrs.setPassword r...@localhost root
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  permission denied for relation
users at /opt/otrs-2.4.2/Kernel/System/DB.pm line 559.
ERROR: otrs.setPassword-10 Perl: 5.8.8 OS: linux Time: Fri Jul 31 12:22:40 2009

Message: ERROR:  permission denied for relation users, SQL: 'SELECT
id, login,  salutation, first_name, last_name, pw, valid_id  FROM
users WHERE  LOWER(login) = ?'

I think also this is the base problem of all your other problems. :(

Really strange, all this code is nearly the same as in OTRS 2.3.

It looks really like an database permission problem. I'm not a postgres guru, so I do not know how to grand this permissions in postgresql. :-/

 -Martin