From: otrs-boun...@otrs.org [mailto:otrs-boun...@otrs.org] On Behalf Of Alan
McKay
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 12:39 PM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Subject: Re: [otrs] docs for new event-based notification?

> Table 5.3 in the admin manual lists the events for which auto responses will
> be sent; without getting into any coding.  We notice that "closed" or
> "resolved" is not listed.  One of the ITIL tenets is to provide notification
> to the customer upon resolution and it really befuddles me that OTRS does
> not have this capability out of the box.  If it's in the box, it is well
> concealed.

New event based notification in 2.4 does this.

And I think this is part of my problem.  I got the emails going no
problem for ticket close.  I used event based notification for that.

And I tried to use event based notification for sending email when a
new ticket comes in, but it seems I somehow cannot do that.  Which
seems odd to me.

But it seems I can solve the problem outside the realm of EBN

I'll also look into the logs as others have suggested to see if I can
figure out why it is not working with EBN.  Seems to me it should work
from there without this other business (which is the way I'd done it
on 2.3)

--
"Don't eat anything you've ever seen advertised on TV"