It's also working on PostgrSQL, Oracle, ... just ignore this if you use not MySQL.

 -Martin

On Aug 13, 2009, at 21:00 , Alan McKay wrote:

I am reading this, but am wondering if it even applies to Postgres
because I cannot find a config parameter anything like this :

Make sure your database accepts packages over 5 MB in size. A MySQL database for example accepts packages up to 1 MB by default. In this case, the value for max_allowed_packet must be increased. The recommended maximum size accepted is
20 MB.