Hi Alan,

On 12.08.2009, at 18:47, Alan McKay wrote:

Well, I have a compromise for now.  I created a new event for
TicketOwnerUpdate and so the person who sent the email gets
notification when the ticket gets assigned.

Still this is frustrating as heck, as I'm sure you can understand!
Why does everything work except for TicketCreate?

Sounds like a bug to me.  Can ANYONE confirm that this works?

May I have some info for you.

The problem is the order of the events.

In case a new ticket gets created you will have the following events:

TicketCreate - to create a new ticket it self
ArticleCreate - to create the first article of a ticket (in case first email)

(maybe some other... depends on)

What is if you want to use customer information not form an customer form database. OTRS tries to find the latest customer article. But at this time there is no article on the ticket, so OTRS can not find any customer recipient for ticket creation.

Is it what you are looking for?

 -Martin