I have a problem with OTRS (old version, 1.3.2). The database has
grown a lot and now it takes A LONG time to load the pages!!

How can I shrink or purge the database so that it becomes faster? Just
deleting the articles is - IMHO - not the right way, because the
articles still remain in the database. Right?!

Please help on this. I need OTRS for work and I cannot work in this
way, it takes 5 minutes to load the first page and sometimes several
minutes to change from one page to the other.
It's not my server, because other MySQL programs just work fine!

Thanks,
marc