Hey,

I would suggest you to realy take a fresh installation of OTRS but to take
the Database of your running OTRS system. You can make an SQL dump of your
Database and import it on your new System with your fresh installed OTRS.
Take into account that you´ll have to migrate the struktrue of the Database
anyway and take some config steps again, but that is due to the fact that
you want to use an other system like before.

'mysqldump -u root -p otrs > /root/db_dump.sql' <- this is how to make your
dump of the 'otrs' Database

copy with scp from this "server" to your new server and import it to your
Database, but be aware that you´ll have to drop the pre cofigured database
created by the new OTRS System.

Login into mysql : 'mysql -u root -p'
Provide the password needed and then drop and recreate the database.

'drop database otrs;'
'create database otrs;'

Now you can import the files into your Database.

'source /root/db_dump.sql;'

As I think that you want to upgrade your otrs in one go you´ll have to run
the DBUpdate-to-2.x.mysql.sql, DBUpdate-to-2.x.pl,
DBUpdate-to-2.x-post.mysql.sql. You´ll receive some error during the second
script, but it doesn´t realy matter as the DB will be migrateted and will
be runnig smoothly ;)

If you have any more questions just write to the mailinglist :D

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Markus Moj
Technik

TimoCom Soft- und Hardware GmbH
In der Steele 2
D-40599 Düsseldorf
Tel: +49 211 88 26 80 14
Fax: +49 211 88 26 70 14
eMail: m...@timocom.com
www.TimoCom.com
Geschäftsführer: Jens Thiermann, Gunther Matzaitis
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 34489