In my organization we find that the naming is not totaly acurate.
email-ticket is actualy ticket+email becouse it logs a ticket and send e-mail notification to user. phone-ticket is the option that you need and should be called new ticket becous it actualy just logs a ticket. There can be a notification but it comes from queue settings.

I change this in my translation for my organization. I any case whatever option you use phone-ticket or email-ticket it does not have any influance on menaging or reporting on the ticket it only changes the action when ticket is logged.

Good luck
Adam

th...@physics.auth.gr pisze:
Hi to all,

I'm new to otrs and I was wondering if it is possible to have a generic 'create ticket' option apart from 'phone-ticket' and 'email-ticket'. This could be used to create a ticket for an issue that was spotted by an otrs agent and could also simulate a personal TODO-list...

Thanks for your time,
Theodoropoulos Theodoros