Hi Luis,

You might be glad to find that we've just implemented this very feature.

See this snippet from CHANGES:

 - (2009/11/11) Added feature/config option (Ticket::SubjectFormat) for
subject
    format.
     o 'Left'  means '[TicketHook#:12345] Some Subject',
     o 'Right' means 'Some Subject [TicketHook#:12345]',
     o 'None'  means 'Some Subject' (without any ticket number ins subject).

    In the last case you should enable PostmasterFollowupSearchInRaw or
    PostmasterFollowUpSearchInReferences to recognize followups based on
email
    headers and/or body.
    Wrote also unit tests to take care of functionality.

Basically, it means that in the next upcoming non-minor version of OTRS
you'll find this feature.

If you'd want to implement it in your current OTRS, look through the CVS
repository for the changes made to Ticket.pm and Ticket.xml and apply them
to your system, or contact en...@otrs.com to have it done commercially.

((enjoy))
-
Michiel Beijen
R&D

OTRS AG
Norsk-Data-Str 1.
61352 Bad Homburg
Deutschland

T: +31 (0) 6457 42418

F: +49 (0) 9421 56818-18
I:  http://www.otrs.com/

Business Location: Bad Homburg, Country Court: Bad Homburg, Commercial
register: 10751, Tax ID: 003 240
97505 Chairman of the Board: Burchard Steinbild, Managing Board: André
Mindermann (CEO), Martin Edenhofer

CU@ IIR Service Desk Forum in Mainz
(Germany)<http://www.otrs.com/en/news-and-press/news-details/article/translate-to-english-otrs-at-the-13th-iir-service-desk-forum-2009/?tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=51&cHash=ef91fa143e>and
get to know more about OTRS  at booth no. 12 from Nov 24-25, 2009!