Hi Dmitry,

First of all, FreeTDS without any other (commercial) connectors like
Easysoft's solutions give these CS_OPT_TEXTSIZE error messages and
will truncate any varchar fields after 3500 bytes or so. This means
that you can use it to connect to a customer backend on MS-SQL from
Linux if you want to (they don't have those big fields) but you can't
connect to a real OTRS running on MS-SQL. If you want to use an MS SQL
database with OTRS, you should also run OTRS on Windows.

Second, we have many customers running OTRS on MySQL with great
performance. We have setups with many concurrent users, and high
numbers of tickets created daily. So if the performance is really
poor, you might also want to spend some time in determining your
bottlenecks and see if you can address those.

Of course, feel free to drop us a line at en...@otrs.com to have one
of our people take a look at your setup on a commercial basis.
--
Michiel Beijen
R&D

OTRS AG
Norsk-Data-Str 1.
61352 Bad Homburg
Germany

T: +31 (0) 6457 42418
F: +49 (0) 9421 56818-18
I: http://www.otrs.com/

Business location: Bad Homburg, Country Court: Bad Homburg, HRB 10751,
VAT ID: DE256610065
Chairman: Burchard Steinbild, Managing Board: André Mindermann

CU@ CeBIT 2010 in Hannover (Germany) and get to know more about OTRS
at booth no. C37, in hall 2 from March 2-6, 2010! http://bit.ly/4qLvqm