From: otrs-boun...@otrs.org [mailto:otrs-boun...@otrs.org] On Behalf Of
Nils Leideck - ITSM
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 6:02 PM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Subject: Re: [otrs] Can I change ticket field names?

Hi,

On 15.01.2010, at 18:24, Garren McKelvey wrote:

Greetings oh gurus of great knowledge,

back to you ;-)

        I'm hoping to change a few ticket names.  I'd like to call From,
Service, and SLA something completely different.  Is there a way to
change their names?

In the directory /opt/otrs/Kernel/Language/ is a file that is called
xx_Custom.pm. You just need to rename to en_Custom.pm, or whatever your
language is that you want to modify (this new file won't be overwritten
by an update then), and translate the english default values to your
needs.

Tip 1: set your frontend to english to see the original wording

Tip 2: don't forget to change the package name within the new file to
the proper filename.

Nils Leideck

--
Nils Leideck
Senior Consultant

nils.leid...@leidex.net

nils.leid...@otrs.com

http://webint.cryptonode.de / a Fractal project

CU @ CeBIT 2010 in Hannover
<http://www.otrs.com/en/news-and-press/news-details/article/otrs-auf-der
-cebit-2010/?tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=51&cHash=c9381fe235> , Germany and
get to know more about OTRS
at booth no. C37 in hall 2 from March 2-6, 2010!