Hi David,

Thanks for guidance.I have a situation wherein if a particular ticket has
crossed the threshold time of resolving,
event based notification should be sent to management for escalation.

What I would like to know is how would I associate this escalation
notification with the ticket.
How to configure the ticket so that escalation notification will be
triggered.

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 4:31 PM, David Holder <david.hol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Manish,
>
> What are you trying to notify?
>
> There are essentially two groups of notifications in OTRS, First of all are
> automatic responses. So, for example, when mails are put in a specific queue
> the following notifications can be configured to despatch:
>
> * default reply (after new ticket has been created) (auto reply)
> * default reject (after follow up and rejected of a closed ticket) (auto
> reject)
> * default follow up (after a ticket follow up has been added) (auto follow
> up)
> * default reject/new ticket created (after closed follow up with new ticket
> creation) (auto reply/new ticket)
>
> The second group is event based notifications, which allow you to send out
> notifications based on a specific specification. For me I have the above
> auto notifications selected and a few custom event based notifications:
>
> * Ticket Assigned
> * Ticket Closed
> * Note Added (when a note is added as a note-external, that gets e-mailed
> to the customer)
>
> If you can tell us what kind of notification you wish to flag up, we can
> help you implement the type and specification of it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 5:23 AM, manish ramteke <manish.s.ramt...@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please let me know how to use notifications in OTRS.2.4.5
>>
>> Regards,
>> Manish Ramteke

Regards,
Manish Ramteke