Hi Jesus,

I'm not 100% sure about the outcome you're trying to get. However
setting Core::Postmaster::PostmasterFollowUpSearchInReferences
to Yes did the trick for me without any modifications to the code. Once
there is an email in OTRS, any replies to that email cc:ed to otrs address
get linked to the ticket containing the email.

Regards,
Anton.