Dear community members,

OTRS is proud to have you working with us on our open-source project. Now,
excusing this possibly irritating use of the otherwise technical list, we want
to give you the chance to put you hard earned experience to work. I thank you
for taking the time to consider becoming on of the team.

Job Offering:
OTRS Sales Consultant

OTRS AG is a market leader.

With 80,000 installations in 27 languages, OTRS is the leading helpdesk
software globally.

OTRS forms the foundation for the ITIL-conformant IT service manage-ment
solution OTRS:ITSM as well as the CERT solution SIRIOS.

We assist our customers with comprehensive business services, including
professional services such as consulting, software development and support.

Our business is currently expanding globally as in the US.
OTRS is a worldwide success story.

Join us in telling that story and write a new chapter yourself.

Imagine:

§   You could simply download a professional helpdesk or IT service management
software from the internet. One very similar as offered by IBM, HP, CA or BMC.
§   You could access the source code without asking HP.
§   You could customize the software without asking CA.
§   You could distribute customizations to business partners or clients without
asking BMC.

Sounds like too much to ask? Let's top it all off! Imagine:
That software would be free of licensing costs, and so free of the burdens of
the procurement process.
This exact scenario is daily business for our large enterprise as well as small
and medium-sized customers. You can help!

Responsibilities:

§   Give our customers an understanding of our products OTRS and OTRS::ITSM and
at the same time evaluate opportunities for follow-up-business.
§   Provide workshops and trainings for OTRS user and administrators and
§   Attend and support our Sales Teams in tender preparation and defining
requirements for customer development.
§   Managing OTRS projects from conceptual design to implementation and
configuration.
§   Report to the Director Consulting

Requirements:

§   Profound IT-Knowledge (incl. Ticketing Systems)
§   Solid knowledge of
o   Linux or Windows (Webserver p.a. Apache, IIS)
o   Process modeling & -notation (UML, BPMN, YAWL)
o   Web Technologies as HTML, XML, AJAX/Javascript
§   Good knowledge of at least one of the following data base: MySQL, Oracle,
MS SQL, PostgreSQL and
§   Basic knowledge of directory services (OpenLDAP, MS Active Directory, etc.)
as well as SQL and PERL
§   Project management (PMI)
§   Candidate must be willing and able to travel 80% to 90%. You will be
working either from our office in Cupertino, CA. or from your home-office.

Education
:

§   Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Business, IT,
or related area
§   5 years of progressive sales, consulting and managerial experience.
§   ITIL Certificate (Foundation, Practitioner, Manager)

Please apply through email only at j...@otrs.com.

We are looking forward to meeting you!

--

Shawn Beasley