Hi,

On 25.05.2010, at 19:41, TechFan wrote:

>> First of all, we do not recommend to have a per-Agent-one-Queue concept, but
>> this is Off-Topic here.
>
> I can understand that.  The challenge was trying to have an simple way for
> agents to see all the tickets they own.  When using the Dashboard, My Queues
> is a really cluttered way to find your tickets.  Yes, I see the ticket view,
> but the views there aren't as simple as the dash.  Much harder to see the
> ticket titles when smashed up next to the sender.

I do strongly recommend to setup searches per agent. With these searches, which
you can also execute from outside of OTRS, just save them as favourites, you
can keep the overview of your tickets as YOU want!

For me as an example, I have about 5 searches like “Show all my Tickets”, “Show
my Consulting Tickets”, “Show my Financial Tickets”, “Show my Documentation
Tickets”, “Show my Pre-Billing Tickets” and “Show my Development Tickets”. That
is just for me, another coworker of mine is using searches based on CustomerID
as he’s a Key Account Manager focused on specific Customers - split into
“Incidents Of My Clients”, “ServiceRequests Of My Clients”, “High Prio Tickets”
… and you can create your own ones as YOU need…

The search result can either be PDF (good for meetings, paperwork, etc...), CSV
(for Reportings, Excel, PowerPoint, etc…) or simply within OTRS where you then
have the Small, Medium and Preview mode. Very comfortable and much easier as
with any other Ticket System where I worked for the vendor company before ;-)

> We are open to structural changes still, but we need to be able to report on
> the time each agent is taking to respond, solve tickets, etc. . .and since I
> am still trying to get a handle on the reporting options, I wasn't sure how
> we needed to design it so we can accomplish this.

Open the SysConfig and go to “Framework” -> “Frontend::Agent::Stats” … there
you will find a config option to enable an Agent name as a available part of
your statistics within the OTRS Stat Framework … just make sure this is not
illegal in the country where you are ;-)

>> While I still really like the Statistic Module in OTRS it might be easier
>> for some cases to use external reporting suites like Crystal Reports.
>
> Hm.  Any documentation on that?  I didn't notice that in the admin manual
> either, but I wasn't specifically looking.  I assume that means setting up an
> ODBC source on the reporting machine.  Unfortunately, we haven't been able to
> get Crystal. . .just been building reports in Access mostly.  So, is the info
> I am trying to get out available?

The information IS AVAILABLE, yes … that is what I can tell you. I am just not
sure if you can get all of these reports from within the standard reporting
tool. I would need to spent some time to figure out which I unfortunately do
not have as you can imagine ;-) But if there is any special Report / Statistic
that you need, consider of contacting en...@otrs.com to have them develop the
stat for you on a commercial basis so you can use the full power of automated
Stats and all the kind of cool outputs from within OTRS.

Another DIY option would be by using an external reporting suite or by using
your own scripts with SOAP and the TicketSeach Method or by using SQl
statements on the database directly… use of OpenSource up to you ;-)

Kind regards from Washington Pullman (www.wsu.edu),

;-)

Nils Leideck

--