Martin,

*blush*

Great, I was not aware of that. And apparently PostgreSQL also does it:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-matching.html

Oracle apparently has a REGEXP_LIKE operator since 10g:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/obe/obe10gdb/develop/regexp/regexp.htm

So the only thing is that Microsoft SQL Server and DB2 don't support it...  yet.

Techfan: apparently it is possible, just not on all databases we
support. So it might be feasible to offer this in OTRS when your
database supports it. You can file an enhancement request at
http://bugs.otrs.org and patches are always welcome :D

((enjoy))

Michiel Beijen
R&D

Follow me on Twitter: @otrsnl [https://twitter.com/otrsnl]

OTRS AG
Norsk-Data-Str. 1
61352 Bad Homburg
GERMANY

T: +31 (0) 6457 42418
F: +49 (0) 9421 56818-18
I:  http://www.otrs.com

Business Location: Bad Homburg, Country Court: Bad Homburg, HRB 10751,
VAT ID: DE256610065
Chairman: Burchard Steinbild, Managing Board: André Mindermann

GET OTRS::ITSM 2.0 NOW - including the brand new change management
module! It´s the only ITIL® V3 compatible open-source IT Service
Management solution certified by PinkVERIFY worldwide! -
http://bit.ly/dv4CJF