Hi,

After some fiddling around, I managed to get my 2.4.9 install upgraded to
3.0.4. I found a lot of problems regarding the use of a custom theme; I had
to manually edit the database user preferences and ZZZAuto.pm in order to
reset everything to 'Standard'.

Anyway, I thought it would be good to post some of my findings so far:

   - First of all: the customer interface is WAY more clean than the admin
   interface. Personally, I really don't like the black+orange layout of the
   admin interface and think the menu takes too much space. The customer
   interface on the other hand is brilliant: it's really clean and compact. I
   would *love* to see this implemented in the admin interface as well.
   - Slowness: I haven't been able to benchmark anything, but it feels like
   upgrading to 3.x made my setup a lot slower
   - Customer interface slow ticket hovers: in the latest Chrome build
   (havent tested in other browsers), the mouseover on the tickets in the
   customer interface is terribly slow. Also, the orange really is 'too much'.
   A simple grey hover would fit better, imo. The same counts for the admin
   interface, apart from slowness.
   - Read / unread tickets: the star is really confusing. Stars are
   generally accepted as a 'mark as favorite' design pattern, but in this case,
   it acts as a read/unread indicator. It would probably be better another icon
   that better fits this design pattern.
   - Editor: I don't know if anyone would disagree, but I really think a
   simpler editor would be better. FCKEditor is still fine, but there is really
   no need to have the ability to use Comic Sans or change font widths. This
   could probably be made available through configuration options, so that the
   default is cleaner and simpler. As a default, I'd suggest: Bold, Italic,
   Underline, Ordered list, unordered list, link and image.
   - Menu mouseover: I'd really like to see the menu's collapse on mouseover
   instead of click. Clicking the 'ticket' menu should lead to the first
   submenu item.
   - More slowness: dropdown menu's seem terribly slow. I have not looked
   into it, but it almost feels that the content is being pulled on click. I
   repeat: it is *terribly* slow. A click is delayed by aprox 0.3seconds, which
   is really adds up and makes it less of a good experience.
   - Scrollbar: it is probably better to show the scrollbar by default
   through CSS; clicking through the interface makes the layout move
   horizontally due to partially loaded content in some cases (in my case, in
   the ticket detail screen). It feels a bit 'clunky'.

Overall, I'm happy with the upgrade. The first point of improvement for me
would be a drastic speed improvement, both server and client side. Simple
things like collapsing menu's and mousehovers should feel *far* more
responsive than they do now.

Thanks for your efforts and work.

--
Best regards / Met vriendelijke groet,