Hi all,

On Dec 22, 2010, at 08:42 , Lars Jørgensen wrote:

> Adding a note won't change the state (at least not in 2.4, I don't know if
> this behaviour is changed in 3.0). OTRS believes a ticket is new until an
> agent has contacted the customer in some way, either by mail or phone (both
> from within OTRS). Then it is changed to the open state.

Not quite. You are right about the reason that the out-of-the box settings does
not allow for this. However you can configure this in the the Sysconfig. Search
for note, look for Frontend::Agent::Ticket::ViewNote and here you can set the
setting that allows agents to change the status via a note! Here a short video
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D-hf4WwnCE).

Sincerely,

///shawn