1) Yes
http://wiki.otrs.org/index.php?title=Notify_Users_that_a_Ticket_has_closed
<http://wiki.otrs.org/index.php?title=Notify_Users_that_a_Ticket_has_closed>2)
... maybe, but that might require extra work on the customer's part (close
tickets from customer web front end is always available). Then you tell your
agents to never close tickets. See also the forums where you can set pending
autoclose successful... If you leave it to your customers to close, you may
never actually close some tickets.
3) You could assign the supervisor as the customer, perhaps.

There are other answers that could be valid, as well.