Hi Bon,

It all depends, if you have ticket or article free fields. If what you
created are ticket free fields (there are 16 available) and you add a
note with data on these fields, then yes, the next time you add a note
the previous data will be displayed and overwritten if you change it
(this also applies for closing a ticket). This is because those fields
are related to the ticket.

If you want to have different free fields for each note, then you might
be interested in article free fields (there are 3 available). These are
related to the article and therefore, independent from note to note.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Elva

On 12/29/2010 9:33 PM, Boon Yam wrote:
> Hi all
>

> I have created some free text fields, my questions as below :-
>

> i)                    After added a note with free field information for a
> ticket, if I create another note again, would the same free field
> information of previous note appear ? if it is the same, if I change the
> information, does it overwrites the free field information of  previous note
> ?  possible to make it not to overwrite ?
>
> ii)                   Likewise for a close ticket.

Elva María Novoa del Toro

Research & Development

OTRS Lab, S.A. de C.V.

Parque de Software, Módulo A1, Circuito Norte 100

Parque Industrial Zapotlan 2000

49000 Ciudad Guzmán, Jalisco

MEXICO

T: +52 33 4777 3861

I:  www.otrs.com/

Incremente su eficiencia hasta un 30% - obtenga OTRS Help Desk 3.0:
http://www.otrs.com/