>From what I understand, OTRS wants to delete messages once it downloads
them, presumably to prevent duplicate messages from entering the system.
If you've somehow set your Google email account to prevent emails from being
deleted by clients, I'm curious if OTRS continues to download the same
messages.

I believe OTRS should have its own email account and that trying to share it
would most likely cause problems.

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Muhammad El-Sergani <mserg...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a strange problem.
>
> I'm using a google business account for my OTRS. The same account is
> accessed via POP (with leave messages on server) by a Thunderbird
> client. Google mail is set to keep the accessed email in the Inbox,
> without altering it's read state.
>
> Ok, so the problem is this. When mail's accessed by OTRS first, no
> problem, both will have a copy of the email. But when accessed through
> Thunderbird first, OTRS can't pull the email then.
>
> Does anybody know of a fix for this?
>
> --
>
> Thanks and Best Regards,
> Muhammad El-Sergani.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate,
act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A Heinlein