I am fairly new as well.. From my experiences so far though I have gone with
something like the following (requires some small code additions which I will
gladly help you with if you are interested)

Building  -  (que)
               Issue Type - (service)
                                Detail - (SLA)

What this does is allow me to have something like the following

OHS
   - Account Issue
          - My account is locked out
          - I forgot my password
    - Keyboard/Mouse issue
          - My mouse stopped working
          - I need a mouse
         - I need a keyboard
   -Monitor Issue
        -  Related SLA's
   - Computer Issue
       - Related SLA's
   - Internet Issue
       - Related SLA's

DLR
   - Account Issue
          - My account is locked out
          - I forgot my password
    - Keyboard/Mouse issue
          - My mouse stopped working
          - I need a mouse
         - I need a keyboard
   -Monitor Issue
        - Related SLA's
   - Computer Issue
       - Related SLA's
   - Internet Issue
       - Related SLA's

Etc etc

each service has many SLAs associated with it which allows me to do something
like the following

A teacher submits a ticket with OHS // Computer Issue // My computer won't turn
on

That SLA triggers an e-mail that sends out on that specific issue with
troubleshooting instructions such as "check if the power cord is plugged in"
it reduces a lot of work on your end coming from people that just can't seem to
grasp the fact of checking the simple stuff.. and it also helps to better
classify your specific issues and you don't get the my computer don't work
tickets where you have to spend time investigating what the real issue is..

But in all honesty the way you set it up should be what works best for you..
there is no real best way to set it up..

Shawn Gadow
Network Administrator
Oregon Community Unit School District 220

"Security is when everything is settled. When nothing can happen to you.
Security is the denial of life." - Germaine Greer