Hi Gerald,

I think it is a very good idea; and actually it is on my 'ideas' list
as well, using the very same module. The Generic Interface just does
plain SOAP and the structures that EWS returns are very complicated so
I would propose to just add EWS as an additional transport under
MailAccounts, next to 'POP3', 'POP3S', 'IMAP' and such.

Last time I checked the CPAN module which is available supports
getting messages, but it does NOT support deleting messages or
otherwise marking them as 'seen' or so, It needs to be added to
slightly.

The only two things that kept me from implementing this are time, and
an available Exchange server for testing against. I even tried at some
point to subscribe to Microsoft Office 365 but it appeared the
webservices they expose are no good, or at least very different that
what a real 'on-premise' Exchange produces.

If someone could supply the time (in the form of money, so we can do
it, or by doing it yourselves) and/or the Exchange test box I'm quite
sure we can make this happen!

Michiel Beijen
Senior Consultant

OTRS BV
Schipholweg 103
2316 XC Leiden
The Netherlands

T: +31 71 8200 255
F: +31 71 8200 254
I: http://www.otrs.com

Get Connected ! Everything in sync with OTRS 3.1- Be an early bird
with our special offer: http://j.mp/xN9wk1