On Oct 9, 2012, at 15:26, Adrià García-Alzórriz wrote:

> El dt 09 de 10 de 2012 a les 12:01 +0200, en/na Olivier Macchioni va
> escriure:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I need to classify my tickets based on a multi-level tree - I actually have
>> 3 levels, for instance:
>>
>> Customer / Shipment / Not delivered
>> Customer / Shipment / Broken
>> Customer / Payment / Invoice not received
>> Customer / Payment / Invoice dispute
>> Supplier / Goods reception / Quality Problem
[...]
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Olivier
>
> You could use Generic Agent feature, which can lock, change owner/state,
> etc tickets according to a preset filter.
>
> In addition of that, you can combine the above feature with Dynamic
> Fields to create switches (eg: FrozenTicket as a Checkbox without
> associate it into a article or ticket) to control ticket flows.
> --
> Adrià García-Alzórriz <adria.garcia-alzor...@adam.es>

Thank you Adrià,

I fail to see how to implement this using Dynamic Fields.

Would I need 3 dynamic fields, one per level in my multi-level tree? If so, how
can I restrict the choice for the 2nd level depending on the selection in the
1st level?

In my example above, I don't want to see a selection of "Supplier / Payment /
Invoice dispute" for instance. It's not a valid classification for me.

I could of course use 1 dynamic fields to hold the whole path in the tree, but
this would leave me with a drop-down with 150+ choices - not really nice :(

Olivier