That worked, thank you very much!

Nick

From: otrs-boun...@otrs.org [mailto:otrs-boun...@otrs.org] On Behalf Of Gerald
Young
Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2012 6:15 PM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Subject: Re: [otrs] Multiple LDAP Authentication Sources

Increase the value in CustomerAuth.pm
     for my $Count ( '', 1 .. 10 )
and
    for ( '', 1 .. 10 )

Change 10 to 99 or 1000 if you want. Note that '' (no index) is also valid.
On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Nick Lapp
<nick.l...@imesd.k12.or.us<mailto:nick.l...@imesd.k12.or.us>> wrote:
Hello all,

I am in the process of setting up OTRS for my organization.  We provide tech
support to about 20 different organizations and are currently using WebHelpdesk
as our helpdesk solution with each customer organization connected to
WebHelpdesk with LDAP sync.  We would like to accomplish the same thing with
OTRS allowing users within the different organizations to login to OTRS with
their local AD account.

In order to improve the speed of OTRS, I have set up a separate service that
syncs AD user information from the various organizations with the OTRS user
database.  That way OTRS is relying on its own database for user information
and it doesn't have to go out over an LDAP connection.  I have then set up LDAP
authentication so the user is authenticated with AD and the user information is
already in the OTRS database.  This has been working successfully with the
first 10 organizations, but as soon as a user from the 11th organization tries
to authenticate, it fails.  I know there is hard limit of 10 set for LDAP back
ends so I'm assuming that same limit is also on LDAP authentication back ends
which is causing the failure.  I'm also seeing in the system logs that the 10th
organization is the last one OTRS attempts to authenticate against.

My question is, does anyone know of a way to override that limit of 10?  I've
already come up with a successful workaround for the slowness caused by
multiple LDAP customer data back ends and we're okay with slower login times
due to multiple LDAP authentication sources.  Our real goal is a seamless
experience for our customers.  Any help is much appreciated!

Best regards,

Nick