Von: otrs-boun...@otrs.org [mailto:otrs-boun...@otrs.org] Im Auftrag von Renee B
Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. Januar 2013 15:44
An: otrs@otrs.org
Betreff: Re: [otrs] respect foreign ticket IDs

You "only" need a postmaster filter (a Perl module, no filter via web
interface) and a dynamic field where the external ticket number is stored...

- Renée

On 15.01.2013 15:02,
jan.dre...@bertelsmann.de<mailto:jan.dre...@bertelsmann.de> wrote:

Hi,

our client wants to send reports automatically on regular basis to our ticket
system. The foreign system doesn't know about the corresponding ticket number
in OTRS, but has own identification numbers of the cases.

Is it possible to let OTRS sort the incoming mails into the corresponding
ticket? E.g.

*         First appearance of a foreign number creates a ticket

*         Following references to the foreign number append the article to the
existing OTRS ticket

It's possible to modify the Mail headers (I think). So I thought about the
following possible solution:

*         Insert a mail header X-OTRS-TicketNumber

*         In Postmaster Mail Account definition enable "Trusted"

*         OTRS automagically respects the foreign number

I think that's Utopia, isn't it? Are there any other ways? Do I have to modify
the sources to let OTRS recognize the foreign numbers?

Regards

Jan Dreyer

IT Administrator / Operations Team / M-IT OMS

Perl / OTRS development: http://perl-services.de

OTRS AddOn repository: http://opar.perl-services.de