Guys & Gals

I need some help here. I am trying to setup OTRS ITSM to prove to my boss
that it can do as good if not better job than Maximo.  The problem is that
they want me to set it up utilizing our existing MS SQL 2005 database.

I have OTRS installed on a CentOS 6.3 server. I followed all the
instruction I found everywhere and from the command line using isql, it
works. I even found a perl script to test if my configuration outside of
OTRS is good and that works too.  However when I run CheckDB.pl it gives me
the following:

[root@tetron otrs]# bin/otrs.CheckDB.pl
DBI connect('mssql;uid=otrs;pwd=Password123;','otrs',...) failed:
[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver
specified (SQL-IM002) at /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/DB.pm line 256
ERROR: OTRS-otrs.CheckDB.pl-10 Perl: 5.10.1 OS: linux Time: Wed Jan 16
10:17:50 2013

default driver specified (SQL-IM002)

 Traceback (31291):
   Module: Kernel::System::DB::new (v1.144.2.2) Line: 227
   Module: bin/otrs.CheckDB.pl (v1.4) Line: 52

Trying to connect to database
DSN: dbi:ODBC:mssql;uid=otrs;pwd=Password123;
DatabaseUser: otrs

No database connect!

This is my

#/etc/odbc.ini

[mssql]
Driver  = FreeTDS
Servername =mssql
Port    = 1433
Database = otrs

#/etc/odbcinst.ini

# Driver from the mssql-connector-odbc package
# Setup from the unixODBC package
[FreeTDS]
Description     = ODBC for Microsoft SQL
Driver          = /usr/lib64/libtdsodbc.so.0
Setup           = /usr/lib64/libtdsS.so
UsageCount      = 1
Threading       = 2

#/etc/freetds.conf
[mssql]
host = otrs-mssql
port = 1433
tds version = 7.0
dump file = /var/log/freetds.log

This is really frustrating and I can't seem to figure this out. Does anyone
out there have any clues. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Trust that all thing would work out for the good.
Keep standing. Keep believing. Keep hoping. Keep moving forward.

Advertise Your goods and services for free on Trin e-Ads
http://www.trin-e-ads.com