Now that Samba 4 implements Active Directory protocols to the point of being
able to implement full AD function without any Windows servers or licenses, has
anyone done any work with getting OTRS to authenticate against a Samba 4 AD
domain? I'm looking into it here, but if someone's already done it, I'd like to
exchange notes about how you did it.

(this is a big deal, because it effectively makes doing effective Kerberos and
LDAP authentication for OTRS a LOT easier, especially since the Samba 4 servers
can be directly integrated into an existing AD domain and managed with the
Windows AD tools. The licensing implications of having a fully open-source
implementation of AD without per-client license requirements is a Really Big
Deal).