Now this is some mighty useful info. Thanks a lot.

I'm not familiar with LVS or Linux-HA (mostly used MS platforms until ~
recently) so the next question may be born out of confusion: You have the
load balancing performed by machines runnings LVS and the Linux-HA is
running on the app nodes?

Just to make sure I understood some of your points:
a. You have a load balancer in front of your app nodes using a generic
sticky sessions algorithm that you didn't have to configure in any way for
the OTRS nodes. Correct?
b. In addition, because of your clever attachment juggling and because the
user session is stored in the db you did not have to set up shared storage
between the app nodes. Correct?

One last question: If you have no shared storage, how did you solve the
default ticket number generator's dependency of TicketCounter.log file? A
custom generator?

/bogdan