Hi all,

I have a doubt about Criticality <-> Impact <-> Priority Matrix. Maybe is due
to a poor understanding of ITIL but please, be kind and argue your answer...

Let's say that our OTRS system has a service called OTRS with a criticality of
4 high because, if it fails, no agent can work.
Let's say there is a problem in OTRS: the company logo is mirrored and
unreadable. It's a problem that affects both customers and agents, all of them,
so its impact is 5 very high. So now I have a very high priority ticket that is
nothing more than a GUI nuisance.

I know I can manually change the ticket 's priority, but what I would be really
doing is saying "Although the impact is really 4, the criticality should be 1,
not 4."

Now, my question: do you think that there should be a way to adjust the
criticality of the service for the current ticket?

Kind regards,
Juan Clavero

OTRS 3.1 on CentOSLinux [Apache and MySQL ]
connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.