From: otrs-boun...@otrs.org [mailto:otrs-boun...@otrs.org] On Behalf Of Gerald
Young
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 9:02 AM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Subject: Re: [otrs] How can I reset passwords for all customers?

"I need to reset passwords to values that are later communicated to customers"
I don't see how this is good security, especially since the passwords aren't
forced to reset and you've now generated a list of passwords for all your users
in plain text after a potential security breach.

I realize you have to do what you have to do, but having the users reset their
own password is (IMO) a safer tactic.