Steven Carr schrieb:
The "free" version doesn't support this. Agents have to reply via the
web interface.

That's not entirely true. Agents *can* reply via mail client, but then OTRS thinks it's a customer's answer. This "customer"'s answer will be added to the ticket as usual if the ticket number is kept intact.

In fact, this is how about half of my agents use OTRS. The only time they actually use OTRS's interface is when they want to lock, free, or close a ticket or when they want to assign it to someone else. Most or all those actions could be archieved by using OTRS's mail headers, so even then the interface is not necessary. Unfortunately we are still stuck with an OTRS version that's too old for those headers to work, and with a mail client too dense to add truely custom header lines, so I can't tell more about that part. They just needed to get used to being informed about their own answer arriving, and not confusing those notifications with true customer answers :-(.

Hope this helps,

        Susan