Hi Andreas,

I have a single queue for support, I have debated creating multiple
queues and attaching a different SLA to each one but I really don't
want to implement that type of mess. Similarly for services, we are a
VAR, products/services/customers come and go frequently and it's
administration that someone will have to do to update customers as to
what services they are part of, I don't want that mess either. We also
don't use ticket types, no need for it. And unless something has
changed in 3.2 (we are still on 3.1) the system doesn't seem to allow
you to implement multiple SLAs (which I could then set via
GenericAgent against priority) without the activation of services
(navigating to SLA Management displays the error "Please activate
Service first!"). If you can actually define the SLA and attach them
to tickets without enabling services then this would work for us, but
I haven't tried because of the activate services error.

I just want the ability to have an SLA triggered on a priority,
otherwise I really don't see the point of priorities in OTRS if you
have to link them to services to actually make them work.

As for how we use it, we want to use it in the most simplest way
possible that is flexible to change, and as for the "use it in a very
different way" comment, if there was actually some documentation on
how to use OTRS "properly" then that might solve that issue, but I'm
yet to see that type of documentation. I find OTRS, on the whole, very
inflexible, if you create something you are really stuck with it, you
can mark it as "invalid" but I don't like that, it carries too much
crud in the system which just builds up over time.

And if I'm honest it's things like this which has made me start to
evaluate other ticketing systems again, including non-OSS, I don't
really want to drop OTRS as it does work (and I've been using it since
~2006), but it is lacking in "simple" functions to enhance our
support, lots of stuff if you have the time to implement and maintain
but I need a solution that is low maintenance and "just works".

Steve