From: Gerald Young [mailto:cryth...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 11:55 AM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Subject: Re: [otrs] Hierarchical Dynamic Fields

There's this: http://forums.otterhub.org/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=16009#p64539 ...
maybe it will help.

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Marty Hillman
<mhill...@equuscs.com<mailto:mhill...@equuscs.com>> wrote:
I am looking to utilize two dynamic fields for ticket entry where the dropdown
in field 2 is dependent upon the entry in field 1.  For example, in field 1 the
user can select Problem or Request.  If they select Problem, field 2 gives them
a choice of email, printing phone, etc.  If they select Request, they are
offered website, login or other.

I actually need to extend this a bit further with a primary field, but if
someone can tell me how to create field 2 properly,  I can work out the logic
for the overly complicated scenario.

I have been reading the documentation cover to cover but have not been able to
figure out how to do this.  Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for better
initial setup documentation?

Thanks!
Marty