Well it depends on how you are polling for emails, I'll assume you're
using POP or IMAP in which case no you don't need to uncomment
fetchmail.

What happens when you run otrs.PostMasterMailbox.pl manually from the
cli (you need to be the OTRS user account when doing this)?

And check your cron logs to see if cron is actually starting the
otrs.PostMasterMailbox.pl command periodically.

Steve