I would love to do something with DBD::Multi but this doesn't seem welll supported by Linux distributions.

In the end, I'm considering using the CustomerUserImportExport and CustomerCompanyImportExport plugin from OPAR (http://opar.perl-services.de/bin/index.cgi/package/author/CAPEIT).

Br,

Cyrille

Le 25/04/2013 21:26, Michiel Beijen a écrit :
Hi Cyrille,

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Cyrille Bollu <cyrille.bo...@belnet.be> wrote:

Of course, we don't use a MySQL server for our Customer data; That would
have been too easy... ;-) So the proxy solution doesn't apply. (We use a
MS-SQL non-clustered backend btw)
I'm sorry, I don't know why I assumed MySQL.

Based on this understanding, I think I'll go for a scripted import of
CustomerUser and CustomerCompany data.
This is of course always an option, and would probably be easiest.

Customize OTRS so that it accepts a 2nd DSN to try to connect to in case it
fails to connect to the primary one at application startup => Restarting the
application would still be needed in case of backend failure.
Yeah this could be possible.

Add DBD::Multiplex support to OTRS => Doesn't seem well supported (no
package in Ubuntu)
  Maybe the better module to use is DBIx::HA
https://metacpan.org/module/DBIx::HA or DBD::Multi
https://metacpan.org/module/DBD::Multi

And one other option might be, that if the app you pull data from is
HA, to create a customer backend for this specific app that uses its
API, instead of raw SQL.

--
Michiel