On May 31, 2013, at 10:26 AM, Paul Simons <paul.sim...@onair.aero> wrote:

> Hello
Hi

> I am trying to install OTRS over PostgreSQL, over CentOS.
That's exactly what I run.

> The documentation (although extremely good) is not a lot of help in my case .
> The emphasis is squarely on MySQL and
> the ‘installer.pl’ WEB GUI which ‘only works with MySQL’ :-(
> All other configurations are consigned to rather brief footnotes.
> Is there someone who has installed this variant and is willing to post a
> step-by-step guide?
> Specifically I am have trouble with ‘otrs’ user access permissions on start
> up.
>
> […]

Follow these steps:

http://doc.otrs.org/3.2/en/html/manual-installation-of-otrs.html#database-configuration
There are not pitfalls. Just check if all Perl modules are installed and keep
an eye on the Apache httpd
configuration when using mod_perl, I recommend to avoid mod_perl during the
setup.

Did you tried it like explained int the manual?

hth,
Roy

--
Roy Kaldung