Hi Adam,

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Adam Moffett <adamli...@plexicomm.net> wrote:
> I have an existing billing system where the user's passwords happen to be
> stored in MSSQL in plain text.  This is an existing system written by
> another company and I am not at liberty to change it.  Is there any way to
> configure OTRS to use an external backend with plain text passwords?
>
> I saw an old thread on the topic in the archives and the answer a few years
> ago was "No"...any chance that's changed?

It should be possible, check this section of the documentation:
http://doc.otrs.org/3.2/en/html/external-backends.html#configuration-customer-auth-backend-db

You should set $Self->{'Customer::AuthModule::DB::CryptType''} to
'plain' in order to authenticate against the unencrypted passwords.

I *need* to add that storing unencrypted passwords is a high security
risk, and a bad idea, but I think you already know that!!
--
Mike